‘The best Performance Process is the kind which teaches,
Not the kind that hurts!’
“Bernie” Young facilitated a second series of Coaching & Counseling for Job Performance. for managers of Southwest FL Water Management District.
One of the most dreaded aspects of most managers’ role is the evaluation or discipline of an employee, especially when the organization is experiencing lots of change. What do they say? How do they give feedback that is perceived as beneficial rather than critical? How do they appraise, motivate, coach, counsel and discipline? These questions are answered in an exciting, interactive seminar.
In this Interactive Program, Participants were able to:
- Determine their approach to Supervision
- Learn how to read the ‘esteem’ needs of their ‘direct report(s)’
- Understand ‘Performance Discrepancy” from the performer’s point of view
- Become aware of the benefits of Positive Discipline
- Develop Counseling and Coaching Steps with Interview techniques
- Identify Four types of Feedback